In the midst of the global COVID-19 pandemic, MedGlobal urges immediate action for the most vulnerable. We warn of the catastrophic impact of the virus on refugees, displaced persons, and victims of disasters if we do not take immediate action.
“While the global health community and countries are busy with curbing the spread of COVID-19, let us not forget the refugees and the displaced,” said Dr. Zaher Sahloul, President and Co-founder of MedGlobal. “It is our humanitarian duty and the right thing to do, to prevent catastrophic morbidity and mortality in a population that is unable to deal with the pandemic effectively.”
The majority do not have access to basic preventive measures like clean water, soap, and cleaning solutions, or the ability to social distance or isolate the sick. Most do not have access to testing to confirm positive cases, nor to healthcare facilities that can treat their symptoms and, if necessary, provide life-saving care.
We ask you to join us in our urgent pandemic relief effort, which will support our local partners’ responses to COVID-19 through providing:
- Soap, washing units, personal hygiene kits, and cleaning solutions
- Medical supplies and medications
- Ventilators, oxygen masks, and medical technology for Intensive Care Units
- Protective Personal Equipment (PPE) including masks, gowns, gloves and eye shields for healthcare workers
- Resources for infection control and prevention, and emergency planning in the case of an outbreak
- Educational, training, and mental health programs for local healthcare workers
Make your emergency gift of $100, $250, or $500 to send critical supplies to the communities where it’s needed most, and support the disaster response of healthcare workers who are serving the world’s most vulnerable populations.