According to Islamic scholars, Zakat, or almsgiving should be given to the most vulnerable, the needy, and displaced (al-masakeen and wayfarers). Your Zakat helps us
MedGlobal & Rahma Worldwide sending medical convoy to Gaza
MedGlobal and Rahma Worldwide sent medical convoy to Gaza. MedGlobal is continuing to support Palestinian patients in Gaza and to donate lifesaving medications and medical supplies, and technology were donated by MedGlobal, in partnership with Rahma and Palestinian American Medical Association (PAMA) – totaling more than $500k over the past six months. This critical donation helped with emergencies, surgeries, and chronic diseases.
Specifically, the convoy included overseeing the distribution and medical containers with $675k of cancer and dialysis medications to Al Nasser hospital in Khan Younis and the European Hospital and delivering to Kamal Edwan hospital a mammogram machine and four baby incubators with a container of medical supplies donated from the Catholic Medical Mission Board (CMMB), valued at $2.3 million. Visiting Al-Shifa hospital in Gaza city and rounding on patients in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and follow-ups on Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS) training we provided in June 2019.
This was MedGlobal’s second trip to Gaza. In June 2019, MedGlobal deployed the medical, surgical and training mission of 14 physicians and nurses in collaboration with PAMA. Our team trained our Palestinian colleagues on new the use of new technology Portable Ultrasound and donated 6 devices to two hospitals (Al-Shifa and Al-Naser).
- Arrival to Gaza on Monday, January 3, 2020.
- Visits to Al-Shifa hospital in Gaza city and rounding on patients in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and follow-ups on Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS) training.
- Meetings with local health authorities.
- Overseeing the distribution of medical containers with $675k of cancer and dialysis medications to Al Nasser hospital in Khan Younis and the European Hospital – part of the medical convoy is provided by MedGlobal and Rahma Worldwide.
- Delivering to Kamal Edwan hospital a mammogram machine and 4 babies incubators with a container of medical supplies donated from the Catholic Medical Mission Board (CMMB), valued at $2.3 million.
- Meeting Dr. Abo Riesheh at the ministry of health to talk bout the medical needs in Gaza.
- Participating in the opening ceremony of Kamal Edwan Intensive Pediatric Unit in Bait Lahia, the cost of this renovation was $45k.
MedGlobal and PAMA (Palestinian American Medical Association) partnered up to send a team of medical and surgical volunteers for a week-long mission to pilot a
The MedGlobal-PAMA team was exceptional in its diversity, professionalism, compassion, and sacrifices. Muslims, Christians, Jewish, and Hindu physicians and nurses united as in their humanity
We need your help!
Your donations will plant a smile on a child, relieve the pain of a woman, reduce the stress of an elder, and help support those who have already suffered so much to breathe a little easier.
MedGlobal is secure.
256-bit SSL encryption is protecting all of your digital transactions.