A Dire Backdrop
The conflict has left an indelible mark on Syrian civilians, with over 500,000 lives lost and a staggering 13.5 million people displaced, marking it as the world’s largest displacement crisis.
The toll on Syria’s infrastructure is profound, particularly in the healthcare sector. At least half of all hospitals now lie in ruins, and up to 70% of the health workforce has been displaced.
In the present day, Syria grapples with 6.7 million internally displaced individuals, and a staggering 11.1 million people are in desperate need of humanitarian assistance, with half of them being innocent children.
Amid this dire backdrop, MedGlobal has remained steadfast in its mission to provide essential humanitarian and healthcare support to displaced and vulnerable Syrians. Join MedGlobal’s mission today and bring hope to Syrians and start their year with the promise of better healthcare and brighter days.
Join Our Commitment
Our commitment extends to aiding hospitals and health facilities, fostering local healthcare capacity through comprehensive training, and much more. Our work in Syria includes:
- Building Oxygen Generator Stations
- Supplying Medical Oxygen to Health Facilities
- Providing Critical Supplies and PPE to Health Facilities and Isolation Centers
- Distributing Hygiene Kits and Health Services to Families in IDP Camps
- Supplying Essential Medical Equipment, Including Oxygen Concentrators and CPAP/BIPAP Machines
- Supporting Hospitals and At-Home Solutions for COVID-19 Patients
- Enhancing Health Care Capacity by Expanding Critical Care Units, Outpatient Clinics, and Operating Rooms
- Delivering Medications, Mental Health Support, Dental Care, Growth and Development Checkups, and More to Health Clinics
- Providing Training to Local Health Workers in COVID-19 Management, Pediatrics, ICU, and Maternal Health Care
- Providing pediatric, orthopedic, and urinary consultations as well as RH, and GBV care in Azaz through a BeMONC-level Suran health center. Additionally, this health center offers nutrition examinations by examiners, specialist medical consultations from visiting doctors, referrals, and MHPSS services
- MedGlobal expanded its coverage in ICU in Darkoush to fully support the department in addition to the residency program.
- MedGlobal has worked tirelessly to address the orthopedic healthcare needs of the local population, particularly in the midst of ongoing challenges and emergencies. Our combined resources and expertise have allowed us to provide orthopedic care, surgical services, and rehabilitation support to countless patients in need.
- MedGlobal continues to support and provide essential health services to four PHCs (Tell Hajar, Albab, Knsafra, and Hamam Al Turkman), such as care for non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and communicable diseases (CDs), reproductive health (RH) services, medications, nursing services, gender-based violence (GBV) case management, psychosocial support (PSS) and vaccination activities.
At MedGlobal, we stand in solidarity with the resilient people of Syria, working tirelessly to provide a lifeline of hope and healthcare. As 2023 draws to a close, we invite you to join us in this crucial mission to make a positive impact in the lives of those who need it most.