Bangladesh Cyclone Emergency
A devastating cyclone has struck Bangladesh and affected the lives of millions. With the death toll set to rise, urgent medical care is desperately needed.Save Lives Now
Bangladesh Emergency Cyclone Appeal
On Monday 24th, a devastating cyclone hit Sitrang in Moheshkhali of Cox's Bazar district of Bangladesh, a country where people are already going through so much. First reports indicate that it caused the deaths of 34 people, destroyed 10,000 homes, and affected 8 million people.
Millions are without power. Communication lines are down, making it hard to assess the damage. We know that as the scale of the devastation becomes clearer, these numbers are only going to continue to rise. Leaving millions, who have already lost everything, at risk of life-threatening diseases.
MedGlobal is responding immediately to this emergency by providing lifesaving health services, food, and WASH services to those affected by the cyclone. Your support is desperately needed so that we can reach and save the lives of as many as possible.Donate Now
Donate To Support Us
They Need Our Help
Those affected by the devastation caused by the earthquake desperately need the following:
- Drinking water
- Ready-made food/dry food.
- Healthcare and medications by MMTs (Mobile Medical Team), especially AWD (Acute Water Diarrhoea) kits/medications.
- Evacuating injured/sick persons to higher facilities for better care (it is reported that a good number of fishermen are injured/missing).
- Providing cleaning and hygiene materials.
MedGlobal is focused on providing:
- Provide essential medical support to the affected vulnerable population
- Provide oral rehydration solution and zinc tablets to people at risk of acute watery diarrhoea.
- Provide health education sessions to the affected people on hygiene and prevention of communicable disease in natural disasters through community health workers.
- Provision of emergency food distribution for the affected vulnerable population.
- Provide hygiene kits for affected people especially girls and women.